Believe it or not, Halloween is next weekend! If you're looking for something spooky to get in the mood, check out some of these haunted spots in Tampa Bay!
- The Cuban Club in Ybor City, which consistently makes the Travel Channel’s list of the top 10 Most Haunted Places
- The Tampa Theatre, where projectionist Fink Finely is still said to roam the upper balcony while a ghostly patron sometimes sits on his favorite seat on the lower level
- William and Nancy Ashley who are said to occasionally roam together through Oaklawn Cemetery where they lie together
- The malicious Mini Lights said to attack the unsuspecting in the Roser Park neighborhood of St. Petersburg
- The Don Cesar Hotel, where some are said to have chosen to make their vacations last forever, including the man who established the hotel, Thomas Rowe
These haunted spots (and more) are featured in the new book Secret Tampa Bay by Josh Ginsberg.
I've been to several of these places (multiple times) and have never had any type of ghost encounter. I actually took a ghost tour years ago in Ybor that brought us into the Cuban Club late at night... we didn't see anything strange, but the building is beautiful and historic, and well worth taking a ghost tour just so you can go inside.
Photo: Getty Images