Did you know that there are more DUIs and alcohol-related traffic stops/arrests on Thanksgiving weekend than at any other time of the year? Many of us enjoy adult beverages, but one thing we need to be sure to do is arrange a ride home if our plans include alcohol.
To help promote responsible celebrations this Thanksgiving Holiday, Gold Coast Eagle Distributing, your Suncoast Anheuser-Busch distributor, is encouraging consumers to “Give a Damn and Don’t Drive Drunk!”
Tow to Go has been serving Sarasota and Manatee Counties since 1998. It was a concept conceived by Col. John Saputo - USMC and his staff in Sarasota. The idea has now been adopted by Anheuser-Busch, AAA and tow companies all over Florida, Georgia, and the western two-thirds of Tennessee. Since the program’s inception, over 25,000 intoxicated drivers have decided to use Tow to Go versus getting behind the wheel when there was a question of sobriety. Important Tow to Go guidelines:
* Confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location
* Free and available to both AAA members and non-members
* The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
* Tow trucks can take up to two people home; if there are more people in your party—you will need to make other arrangements to get home safely.
* You don't have to be a AAA member to use Tow To Go
* You can’t make an appointment to use the Tow to Go service, it is designed to be used as a last resort so have a designated driver before you have your first drink.
If you would like to use the Tow to Go program this Thanksgiving Holiday, the number to call is (855) 286-9246. The program is valid 6am November 21st through 6am on November 25th. Anheuser-Busch will reinforce their Responsibility Matters Message with billboards, radio, and TV spots announcing further details surrounding Tow to Go.
Drunk driving is 100 percent preventable when we all do our part. Have a fun and safe Thanksgiving holiday!