Florida Man strikes again! This time he's an accidental arsonist masquerading as an amateur chef!
A Niceville, FL man was stoned and drunk (don't do that, kids) and decided he was hungry, so he set about the task of baking chocolate chip cookies on his George Foreman grill.
First of all, I didn't even know you could bake cookies on a George Foreman grill...well, maybe you can't because the dang thing caught fire!
When firefighters got to the home around 5:30 p.m., they could see smoke coming from inside. A naked man opened the front door, said, “I’m sorry” and closed the door.
The man came to the door again, left it open and went back into the house.
According to the offense report from the Police Department, the man showed no signs of understanding the danger he was in. There were several things on fire inside the home, including some towels.
An officer detained the man and removed him from the house for his own safety. Firefighters said that if he had stayed in the home much longer, he could have possibly died from smoke inhalation.
The man admitted to drinking two liters of vodka and smoking marijuana starting around 9 a.m. that morning. He was examined at the scene and had no life threatening injuries, the report said. He refused further medical treatment.
Based on the fire department’s investigation, the man allegedly tried baking cookies on a George Foreman grill which he left unattended. The grill and cookies caught fire, so he put dry towels on top of the grill. Those caught fire, too, causing the fire to spread.
There are a lot of activities you can do wearing nothing but your birthday suit. Cooking isn't one of them. You don't need to be around heat or open flame without some kind of layer of protection. And I don't think I've ever been so blind drunk that I wouldn't notice that my house was on fire.
I'm just glad everyone is ok. Don't do drugs, kids!