The weekend is here! And even though I'm looking forward to it(this is the first weekend in a LONG TIME that I don't have anything on the calendar and I'm looking forward to just chilling out!), sometimes it seems like weekends evaporate in the blink of an eye! One minute, it's Friday afternoon, and the next minute, the alarm is going off on Monday morning and you don't even know what happened to the last 2 days. I get it.
So here are a few tips on how to get the MOST out of your weekend! And if you work weekends, don't worry, the same tips apply, no matter when your day off is!
1. Plan it out. If you don't plan anything for your weekend, chances are you'll end up mindlessly watching TV or browsing the internet for hours. That's no way to spend a day off! Plus planning fun activities for your weekend gives you something to look forward to during the week!
2. Consolidate chores. Chores have a tendency to take over the whole weekend sometimes. Instead, designate a chore time for a few hours on Saturday or Sunday (I usually do it on Saturday to get it out of the way). Giving yourself a time window will make you more motivated to get things done quickly so you can move on to the fun things. (I can attest to this being really helpful. I try to get all of my housework out of the way as quickly as possible, so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend and not think about it.)
3. Flex different skills. Doing something different on the weekend lets your mind and body recover from the stress of the workweek. So rotate in a couple activities you don't usually have time for, like playing a sport or practicing an instrument. Bottom line: Switch it up and get out of your routine.
4. Cut down on tech. Having time away from the computer and phone is important . . . encourage your family to put away their devices for a few hours each weekend. And, yes, YOU have to do it too.
5. Do something fun on Sunday night. Sundays can be rough as the reality of returning to work the next day sets in. Having something fun planned on Sunday night can help take your mind off of Monday morning.
Cheers to the weekend! Have fun!