It'd be great to get a 10% raise tomorrow. I don't know anyone would couldn't use the extra money. But there's only so far I'm willing to go for it!
A new survey asked Americans what they'd be willing to give up in exchange for a 10% pay raise. Keep in mind that the average American salary is $52,000, so people would do this stuff for a $5,200 raise, which breaks down to an extra $430 a month before taxes are taken out.
1. 56% would work an extra 10 hours per week for LIFE, and 50% would work six-day weeks for the next year. Ok, not too bad.
2. 40% would give up all dental care, and 19% would go with no health insurance. I don't even want to see what your teeth look like in 10 years if you do this one!
3. 35% would give up their right to VOTE for life. And 9% would give away their child's right to vote for life. WHAT?!?
4. 12% would break up with their significant other. DANG! That's cruel!
5. And 5% would eat a Tide Pod. I'd venture a guess that 5% would eat a Tide Pod on a dare with no money involved, so honestly, this one doesn't surprise me that much.
As a girl who used to work three jobs simultaneously (one FT, and 2 PT), AND go to school...I feel like I have earned the right to say this: Isn't it easier to just pick up another job? Good lord! I'm not giving up my right to vote for $280 a month!! That's crazy talk! But hey, you do you!