There's finally more help for Florida's unemployed seeking assistance.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has unveiled a new online app that should work on your mobile phone and allow people to file for unemployment benefits more easily.
You can find it here: FloridaJobs.org/RAApplication
You can pick up and drop off applications at these 26 libraries in Miami-Dade:
- Allapattah Branch at 1799 NW 35 Street.
- Arcola Lakes Branch at 8240 NW 7 Avenue.
- California Club Branch at 700 Ives Dairy Road.
- Coconut Grove Branch at 2875 McFarlane Road.
- Concord Branch at 3882 SW 112 Avenue.
- Coral Reef Branch at 9211 SW 152 Street.
- Country Walk Branch at 15433 SW 137 Avenue.
- Edison Center Branch at 531 NW 62 Street.
- Fairlawn Branch at 6376 SW 8 Street.
- Golden Glades Branch at 100 NE 166 Street.
- Hialeah Gardens Branch at 11300 NW 87 Court.
- Hispanic Branch Library at 1398 SW 1 Street.
- Homestead Branch at 700 N. Homestead Boulevard.
- International Mall Branch at 10315 NW 12 Street.
- Kendale Lakes Branch at 15205 SW 88 Street.
- Miami Beach Regional Library at 227 22nd Street.
- Miami Lakes Branch at 6699 Windmill Gate Road.
- Naranja Branch at 14850 SW 280 Street.
- North Dade Regional Library at 2455 NW 183 Street.
- North Shore Branch at 7501 Collins Avenue.
- Northeast Dade – Aventura Branch at 2930 Aventura Boulevard.
- Palm Springs North Branch at 17601 NW 78 Avenue.
- South Miami Branch at 6000 Sunset Drive.
- West Dade Regional Library at 9445 Coral Way.
- West Flagler Branch at 5050 West Flagler Street.
- West Kendall Regional Library at 10201 Hammocks Boulevard.
Residents can call (305) 375-2665 to find their nearest library location providing the printed applications.
In addition to that, the department has also provided downloadable PDFs of the applications:
Once you have completed the forms, the printable applications can then be mailed to:
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
P.O. Box 5350
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
**Note: Paper applications may take longer to process, according to the DEO.