Grab your flip flops and head to the happiest place on earth. Well, the happiest place in the US.
For the second year in a row, Naples has been recognized as the happiest, healthiest city in the US, and Sarasota-Bradenton came in at #6!
Ten Happiest/Healthiest Cities in the U.S.
- Naples–Immokalee–Marco Island, Florida
- Barnstable Town, Massachusetts
- Santa Cruz–Watsonville, California
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- North Port–Sarasota–Bradenton, Florida
- San Luis Obispo–Paso Robles, California
- Lynchburg, Virginia
- Hilton Head Island–Bluffton-Beaufort, South Carolina
- Boulder, Colorado
The results are based on physical health, financial security, community and sense of purpose. Naples earned the top spot because residents have the lowest stress levels in the country, plus they report little depression and healthy eating on a daily basis, and have a strong sense of community.
Notice that most of these cities have something in common? They are all located on or near the water, with Boulder, CO being the only exception. Beach = happiness. :)