Former President George HW Bush passed away on Friday at the age of 94. President Trump issued an executive order making today a national day of mourning for our 41st president. National days of mourning don't happen often, and you may be wondering what that means for us in Tampa Bay.
Several government offices will be closed today as the nation pays its respects to Mr Bush.
Here’s a list of what offices and agencies will be closed to pay tribute to the 41st president:
- President Trump has issued an executive order to close the federal government. Most federal employees will be given the day off, unless they cannot be excused for national security, defense or other essential reasons.
- Some national parks may be closed or have limited services to visitors.
- The New York Stock Exchange will suspend normal trading and the Nasdaq will also close for the day.
- The U.S. Postal Service will only make limited package deliveries and will “suspend regular mail deliveries, retail services and administrative office activity.”
- The U.S. Supreme Court has delayed arguments for the day.
If you get a moment today, take some time to look at the life and legacy of George HW Bush. He led a fascinating life and his contributions to our country were incredible.
Rest in peace, Mr President.