Woman mistakes dynamite for candle, blows up her house.

posted by Sarah Jacobs - 

Authorities say a Connecticut woman mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle during a power outage and suffered severe hand injuries.

Assistant Bridgeport Fire Chief Michael Caldaroni says the woman was looking to light a candle in her home at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday after the power went out during a storm.

The dynamite went off in the woman’s hand, injuring the woman, damaging the home and blowing out a window. 

Ok, someone PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one with questions here. Namely, WHY DID SHE HAVE DYNAMITE??! And, why would she store her dynamite near her candles? And are we sure this wasn't in Florida? This seems like a very "Florida" thing to happen. 

Good Lord, the world is a strange place. 

[NBC2]

Sarah Jacobs

Sarah Jacobs

Want to know more about Sarah? Check out her official bio, social pages, and blog articles! Read more

title

Content Goes Here