Photo credit (RPitts)
This is awesome! Buzzfeed.com has "A Guide to Including Bourbon in 100% of Your Thanksgiving Meal."
Here are the ideas: I'm off to get some bourbon!
1. Bourbon ginger cider. It's just ginger beer, apple cider, and bourbon over ice.
2. Apple-bourbon turkey and gravy. Put bourbon over the whole turkey before and during roasting, and save the pan drippings for gravy.
3. Bourbon cranberry sauce. Add some cinnamon and a bit of orange and lime juice.
4. Bourbon pecan stuffing. However good you think your regular stuffing is, it's BETTER with chopped pecans and bourbon.
5. Bourbon-maple sweet potatoes. Pretty simple: Anything you eat with sweet potatoes in it . . . add bourbon.
6. Side dishes. Two good options are bourbon-glazed radishes, and Brussels sprouts with bacon and bourbon.
7. Bacon-bourbon butter. <------YUMM!!!
8. Pies. Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, and even cheesecake . . . they're all great with a little bourbon inside.
9. Bourbon-butterscotch ice cream. If you're making your own ice cream, you're already hardcore about Thanksgiving. So yeah . . . why not put bourbon in it.
10. Bourbon coffee or tea. duh?