Posted December 10th, 2012 @ 7:13am
photo: video screen shot msnNOW.com
The year's 20 weirdest stories from Florida, America's weirdest state
Chances are, if you are reading about some really crazy stuff.... there is a strong likelihood it took place in Florida.
These are the best of the Year in Florida.
A Florida teacher made students wear dog cones to discipline them.
Tysheka Pink and Katina Summerset, the alleged “bra bandits,” were arrested for stealing hundreds of bras and panties.
Gov. Rick Scott gave out the number of a phone sex line instead of a helpline for a meningitis outbreak.
This Manatee County resident allegedly attacked her boyfriend for climaxing during sex before she did.
A giant eyeball the size of a softball that washed ashore near Fort Lauderdale was thought to either come from a sea monster or a large marlin. With Florida, you never know.
A group of atheists used "unholy water" to unblessed a stretch of U.S. Route 98, previously blessed by a Christian group.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport offered a job with a $76,252 salary to scare birds away.
Shrimp boat captain Matt Willingham found a prosthetic leg lost by a former football player while he was swimming.
Police tasered Daniel Jensen for trying to put out a fire at his neighbor’s house. He said cops told him, "That's what insurance is for."
Mellisa Mansfield was nabbed for car theft after she stopped on the side of Interstate 95 to relieve herself.
An impatient Miami woman attempted to cut in line and crashed into pumps at a gas station, causing a fire.
A woman was arrested for riding a manatee in Fort De Soto Park.
Rudy Eugene, the “Causeway Cannibal,” was killed by police for chewing off the face of Ronald Poppo.
Miami Beach Senior High School arrived at their prom to find “the largest adult event in the country dedicated to love and sex” booked in the same venue.
4 days ago
Here are links to the stories:
- School says teacher made kids wear dog 'cone of shame'
- Florida drunk driving suspect has craziest mug shot ever
- Cops say they've nabbed Florida's notorious bra bandits
- Florida governor mixes up phone sex line with meningitis help line
- Anticlimactic sex blamed for alleged attack on boyfriend
- Giant-eye mystery solved, Internet heaves a sigh of relief
- Atheists use 'unholy' water to unbless Florida highway
- You can make $76,000 a year scaring birds in sunny Florida
- Jesus' face appears on power box in Florida
- Shrimp boat finds ex-football player's leg floating in Florida
- Teacher quits after alleged interest in student 'boobage'
- Cops use Taser on man for trying to put out fire in his house
- Cop fired for using patrol car to move mattresses
- Cops say they caught car thief on run when she had the runs
- Impatient driver cuts in line, blows up gas station
- Manatee joyrider caught on camera turns herself in
- Here's why fans shouldn't use a mirror to apply their face paint
- Police kill naked cannibal who was chewing off a man's face
- Prom-goers surprised to find X-rated event in same building
- Cat casually strolls through Univision weather report